Can I get rid of my child support or alimony payments in bankruptcy?

No. The Bankruptcy Code specifically excepts from discharge any “domestic support obligations.” This means you can’t erase past due payments for child support, maintenance, alimony, or any other family support by filing Chapter 7 or 13. An experienced bankruptcy attorney can help you discharge most or all of your unsecured debt so you can catch up on your domestic support obligations.
Weitz Law Firm, PLLC
520 Kirkland Way, Ste 103
Kirkland, WA 98033

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: